Thursday, May 14, 2009

DAY 4 - blogger appreciation week

this week has been really sweet so far. upon reflecting i realized that i appreciate bloggers in more ways than just as a "designer", after all, i also shop, model, and have an SL outside of my work, and hearing feedback from other people really opened up my eyes in a new way and i discovered i appreciate bloggers in a lot more ways than i thought. (and i discovered there are WAY more than i even knew of!!!)

what has been very touching is the "customers" and "readers" who have been writing me notes asking me HOW they can thank the bloggers too. one girl made them a skybox and sent a very sweet note, and some other asked me to pass it on to ALL THE FASHION BLOGGERS...

in summary this is what they were saying...

"you all help me to find my own styles in SL, you help me discover new things,
old things, you inspire me to try things i may have never thought of.
i love reading all the different blogs and seeing YOUR style and it's a lot of fun."


some have told me YOU bloggers have inspired THEM to blog, you have inspired them to even design. so... i hope you know that you're appreciated in so many ways :)

if you want to, why not sign some of your favorite bloggers blogs this week and let them know you appreciate them OR you can sign here and leave them a note too!

(some don't allow comments)

ok well more to come!!!

xoxo,

caLLie

p.s. ty to everyone who is participating in making this week a lot of fun... :)

8 comments:

Shelby Rasmuson said...

When I first started blogging less than a year ago, I began because I wanted to see if I could blog...and I didn't really at that time have a focus or any readership. I have always been inspired by fashion bloggers, especially those who put a unique stamp on their work like Aa Lu, Achariya and Strange Pixels. These people have challenged me to always try to improve my work, write better and take better pictures. Thanks Guys!

Shelby Rasmuson said...

When I first started blogging less than a year ago, I began because I wanted to see if I could blog...and I didn't really at that time have a focus or any readership. I have always been inspired by fashion bloggers, especially those who put a unique stamp on their work like Aa Lu, Achariya and Strange Pixels. These people have challenged me to always try to improve my work, write better and take better pictures. Thanks Guys!

Stella Stapleton said...

Thanks Callie for this lovely idea! I have truly felt very appreciated and, I speak on behalf of all the bloggers involved I think, we are overwhelmed by the generosity of the designers! It's truly amazing and we thank you very very much :)

Heidi Volare said...

I've been blogging for two years now. And to this day, I still agonize over the details of an outfit sometimes. So it is tremendous to get comments in my blog. Even if they're just general questions. It's like yeah, someone is appreciating me.

I even met one of my besties when she IMd me to tell me that she loved my blog.

And this week has been AMAZING as a blogger. I am definitely not worthy.

Thank you, Callie. I think you rock. You make SL what it should be, and that' fun.

MUCH love <3

--Heidi Volare

Anarya said...

I admit, I only started blogging one day out of boredom, and while I haven't really been anywhere near as active as some bloggers...I do enjoy it, and I like being able to choose things I really like to show to people. Sometimes the things bloggers find, after all, aren't necessarily known by the public, and spreading the word on something new is always nice.

Olela said...

Hiya Callie, thank you :)
I normally blog about cheap goodies, events, sales ecc. 'cause I think we can be trendy and cool even on a budget, we just gotta make the right choices. Fashion is what we make of it. I also spend lot of L$ when i see items that really deserve it and blog about it also 'cause 1. people need a little help sometimes and i noticed they appreciate it. 2. Beautiful and quality creations got to be known :)
I have fun by doing this!
I want to thank you and all the designers for your generosity, what you all are doing is just great. Thank you so much. This is my blog if you wanna have a look: http://olela.blogspot.com/ It's in Italian language 'cause..well..i'm Italian LOL Hugss and thanks again!

Isle Lunasea said...

Thank you for doing this Callie, it is a fantastic idea. I have had a great week of surprises and fun, and the group chat has been an insane riot.

Without fashion bloggers, I would still be wearing black latex and bling. Ty all for inspiring me.

I am lucky to be blogging fashion now myself, and other than deadlines, poor internet, I love it.

Being appreciated and acknowledged makes everyone feel very good, and I am glad of the rapport that this week has helped foster between designers and bloggers, and hope to see this continue.

Thanks again to you and Shelly et all for doing this, and especially to the rockin designers who have blown me away with their generosity. <3

Anonymous said...

For any designers who are reading this, I just wanted to send a personal **thank you** for the thoughtful, lovely (and sometimes hilarious) gifts you've given us this past week... from my heart to yours. <3