Sunday, August 19, 2007

sun • storms • silence • and another year older

this post is a bit different in that it's not about really anything to do with caLLie, but more a bit of my thoughts on the birthday i had the other day, and it turning into a birthday "weekend"...

i love my birthday. i guess cuz my mom and dad used to make it very special, as did my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and stuff. in my family in many ways i was the "first", first child, first girl, and just some other stuff, and my parents, friends, relatives always made my birthday very special. not so much with a lot of presents, (but yes a lot of those) but just little special things... like picking what i wanted for dinner, or where we'd go for the day, and stuff like that.

it was the one day of the year i could "get my way" and not feel one ounce of guilt about it. when i got a bit older, a friend i made used to talk about "birthday weekends" which i of course, thought was a fantastic idea... a whole WEEKEND of being spoiled... then one year i had a wednesday birthday, so i coined "birthday week", and then when i got bratty, i'd announce 'hey i'ts my birthday month" and someone close said, "hell, it's your birthday life!" which, made me quite happy! but not in a real way, just sorta a bratty, "ok, i'll take it!!!" kind of joking...

those of you who know me in SL or RL know i LOVE presents... what girl doesn't??? but the weird thing is, when anyone asks what i want for my birthday, i never as an adult have been able to come up with a list of what i want, cuz really, i have everything i want, and i'm quite content with small things, i think i like the thought of someone thinking of me enough to take time out of their life to send a card, note, make a phone call, and those little things that for me add up as "presents"...

so this year, i had a simple, simply wonderful birthday, and it's still my birthday weekend, and i've decided to go ahead and go with the birthday month!!!

so i wanted to share a bit of why this birthday was so special...

first, i logged on to sl to find my store full of red balloons and i love that song 99 luft balloons that was a hit when i was a kid... so it was sentimental... some of my cal gals sent wishes and gifts, and that was so sweet, some very dear SL friends who found out my location sent the most amazing roses and decadent chocolate truffles!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmm i'm savoring them slowly.... i was so very excited to have the desk call me with the "arrival" and oh yes a bunch of balloons too... and to see it was from my SL friends. i was like OMG... SL is NOT a game!!! hehe.



and then a good friend wished me a sunny day then a big storm later....

i LOVE STORMS... and where i live we hardly EVER get them... EVER.. so when we do, i am very happy, the louder then thunder the better...

so i was laying out reading at the pool at the spa out at the resort where i still am...



i had been reading, sunning, and looking towards the hills where there seemed to be a storm on the way!!! i really coudln't believe it!!!! it was almost 4:30, a perfect time for an afternoon storm!!! and it seemed headed right my way!!!




i hoped and hoped it would come right over me and rain on me... and i wanted to go in the pool to experience it!!!
so i did that, and then was told, get out of the pool, there's lightning... hahah, but i shot this photo from the pool as the storm approached... (then jumped out quick)



so, then it came right over us and poured HUGE drops of ice cold rain on my already hot legs from the air temp of over 100 degrees and the contrast was shocking then it was quite amazing... to feel the heat of the day and the cold rain drops... my birthday wish from my dear friend had arrived!!!

i was so happy... closed my eyes and just soaked it in, watched some people across the golf course put a ton of suds in their hot tub that grew to like 8 feet high, they lit these huge torches and seemed, as i was, to be enjoying the storm. the white house in the one photo is supposed to be owned by the owner of the raiders and the ones with the torch party tub thing by some big movie producer who's name i forgot. lol

i looked up, and shot this next photo, (all these were taken with my cam phone which is not that good) i love the bright colors...



then, the storm passed quietly, and the silence it left was one of the most beautiful sounds i've ever heard... yes silence has a sound... it was such a perfect gift i had to soak it all in... and as to not ruin it, i decided to head back to my villa, and on the way out, i saw this lovely black swan with pink on it's face... i had to sneak up on him to take his photo and use my zoom, so it's not that good, but he seemed to be soaking up the tranquil peace that filled the balmy air...



then the evening arrived with this beautiful sunset...



i'll close now by saying last night, which was not my actually birthday, i told the manager of the resturant i went out to how wonderful our server was, and also commented on the most lovely small green glass plates (like sea glass one of the things i collect) and i was tempted to "take one" as a souvenier, but couldn't so as i was telling her how much i liked them, she was trying to think of where i could get one, then said, "oh here, just take one but dn't tell" so i put one in my to go bag and was overjoyed!!! then a minute later she returned with one all wrapped up and said here, this one is clean, and i said 'oh but i already took one it's ok" and she smiled and said, "well now you have a pair" and i couldn't believe it!!!

(i collect little small interesting plates to put candles on or anything little thing i collect) so i was overjoyed!!!

so all in all, it has been a great birthday weekend, so far and it's getting better all the time!!!!

ok well that's all for now, but i might as well add, if you've read this far...

all my rainbowas are on sale at my sim for 99L, hahaha

xoxo,

caLLie